Chicken BBQ & Basket Raffle Help Needed
1. The Chicken BBQ committee is still looking for drivers to deliver Chicken BBQ flyers to local businesses on the island. There are seven routes that all should take less than an hour to complete. The flyers should be distributed between Saturday, June 19 and Sunday, June 27. Please see or call Mark Korzelius if you can help.
Also, volunteers are needed for day of the BBQ activities, which is Saturday, July 10. A sign-up sheet has been posted in the Narthex. Volunteers can also contact Peter Schlau.
2. Thank you to all who've signed up to donate a Premium Gift Basket to the 2021 St. Martin's Basket Raffle! As you may know, this year we've had to change up the Basket Raffle event. There will be two Preview Nights preceding the Chicken BBQ. Thursday, July 8, and Friday, July 9, from 4pm to 7pm the baskets will be on display for your perusal! Now we need just a few more donations to make this a successful endeavor. We are blessed to have so many generous and creative people in our St. Martin's family. So, get creative! Partner with a friend, if you like. We will help if you need a basket, a frame for gift certificate, or need your basket wrapped. We ask that all baskets be valued between $50.00 and $100.00. You can sign up in the Narthex at Church. Please include your name, phone number and the theme of your basket on the sign up poster. The deadline to turn in finished baskets is Sunday, June 20, 2021.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need help:
Lisa Hoyt, Amy Heist, Jeanne Percival
Thank you again for supporting this important fundraising event!
3. Amy Heist is the chairperson of the July 4th Parade Committee. Amy needs help in the following areas:
- There will be a "Smarties Taping Party" for the 4th of July Parade at Coffee Hour, Sunday, June 27. Volunteers would be greatly appreciated!
- Amy needs at least 6 - 10 kids and adults to ride patriotically decorated bicycles in the parade, and to hand out candy to children and adults on the side of the parade route. Amy will provide patriotic decorations if you need them.
- Amy is also looking for 3 - 6 people to ride on the trailer that will be pulled by a van.
- And lastly, Amy needs two persons to carry our Church’s banner during the parade.
Anyone interested in offering their help, or for more information about volunteering, please contact Amy Heist.