Goodfellows Men's Group - (Good Deeds and Fellowship)
Charter for Goodfellows:
In order to be a member of Goodfellows, you should be a male member of St Martins Episcopal church, 21 years of age or older.
Based on Christian Covenants recommended by the National Episcopal Diocese, Goodfellows will abide to the following:
- We will, with Gods help, continue in the Apostles teaching in the breaking of bread and in prayer. (i.e., start off each meeting with a prayer, or meditation and blessing of food )
- We will, with Gods help, persevere in resisting evil, and whenever we fall into sin, repent and return to the lord. (i.e., Be reverent and trustworthy)
- We will, with Gods help, proclaim the word of the lord (i.e., Reach out for new members to join the congregation and the group)
- We will, with Gods help, serve Christ by loving our neighbors as ourselves (i.e. to develop camaraderie and bond with one another)
- We will, with Gods help, strive to serve all people and respect the dignity of every human being (i.e. participate in out reach projects and perform good deeds for the church, congregation and community)
GOODFELLOWS HOCKEY NIGHT WITH THE SABRE’S
Hey Hockey fans….how would you like to see the “playoff bound” Buffalo Sabers in person?
The Goodfellows are arranging a Hockey Game Night for Thursday, February 7th.
The Sabres will be playing the Carolina Hurricanes, game starts at 7:00.
We need (20) people to get the “Group Sales” rate of $20.00/seat. (300 level).
Everyone is invited…family, friends & neighbors.
There is a sign-up sheet at church or you can call Tom Davide, (774-8147) or Mike Walker, (774-3449).
This is coming up pretty quickly, so don’t delay.
Hope to see you at the game!